Yum-yum! Who doesn’t love cakes and cookies? Cakes and its innumerable variations are an all-time favourite across all the age-groups. The innumerable cake and pastry shops that dot the streets of every locality tantalize the taste buds of one and all with their delectable wares. But, not all are aware of the love and painstaking effort that goes into the making of these sinful delights.
It all starts from buying your baking tools online from a reputable baking equipment manufacturer. However, while getting a hang of baking it is necessary to keep in mind certain baking tips that will help you to bake the perfect cake and cookie.
1. Go through’ the recipe in detail – The recipe has to be read in detail to ensure that you have all the ingredients with you, right and ready for undertaking your baking.
2. Ensure that ingredients are weighed correctly – Your baking attempt can turn out to be a disaster if the ingredients are not weighed correctly. Using a kitchen scale will help you to get your weights right. Measuring the ingredients precisely is also equally essential and here measuring cups, spoons and pitchers will come to your aid. In this context, it is wise to buy baking accessories online if you want to reduce the cost of your spend.
3. Equip yourself with the right equipment – Each recipe has to be read carefully to ascertain the type of equipment that will be required. Bakeware moulds, silicone spatula, pastry moulds are just to name a few that will be required. Here, too it helps to buy baking equipment online.
4. Room temperature is a key factor – If the recipe demands, ingredients such as butter, milk etc has to be kept ready at room temperature. The ingredients should be left on the counter for a while to let them come to the room temperature.
5. Ensure that your oven door remains closed – Continuous opening and closing of oven door for checking if your cakes or cookies are done should be avoided. Cool air gets in by doing this and this can ruin your recipe.
6. Testing for doneness – Use a combination of the toothpick method and checking the cake color for ascertaining its doneness. You can also touch the cake top and press down slightly and if it pops up back then it is done.
7. Start off with easy recipes – It is better to start off with easy recipes and delve into complicated ones after you get a good hang of baking.
8. Give your baking the required time – Undertake your baking only when you have sufficient time to give to it. Do not rush the baking process as a few minutes also make a lot of difference.
9. Use an oven thermometer – The possibility of the oven’s temperature going off cannot be ruled out if the oven is an old one. It is wiser to use an oven thermometer which can be kept in the oven to know the precise temperature.
10. Chilling your cookie dough – Pay close attention to your cookie dough and chill it before using if certain firmness is required. This enhances the flavour and turns out solid, thicker cookies.
Making and decorating cakes is a very fulfilling process which gives full scope to your innate creativity. Following the above mentioned tips will ensure that your baked goodies definitely rise to total perfection.